|When:||Back to Calendar March 7, 2017 @ 12:15 am – April 7, 2017 @ 11:45 am||✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
2017 Washington State Chinese Language and talent Competition will be hosted jointly by the Washington Association for American and Chinese Education (WAACE), Confucius Institute of the State of Washington (CIWA), Cultural Exploration of Greater China Foundation (CE) and Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction World Languages Program (OSPI-WL). It is co-sponsored by CLTA-WA.
The format and competition categories of the 2017 WA Chinese and Talent Competition will be different this year, but is anticipated to be just as exciting!
What’s NEW this year?
- Instead of the onsite competition, the 2017 WA Chinese Language and Talent Competition will be a VIDEO competition.
- There will be NO Chinese Chess, Drawing, and China Knowledge Bowl contests this year, but they will definitely be back in the near future with other new categories. We would love to see you compete in our other categories this year.
- In addition to the awards presentation, first place winners will be invited to perform live at the ceremony.
- Submissions will begin on March 7, 2017 and end on April 7, 2017.
- The award ceremony will still be held at Chief Sealth High School in late May.
- Contestants can submit their entries accompanied by entry form, release and waiver on the registration website. http://www.waace.org/wa-chinese-competition.html
- The winners of the competition will be notified by the end of April 2017.
- All the winning entries will be shared on WAACE’s web site and CIWA’s web site as resources to benefit Chinese teachers and learners.
For more information regarding the competition, please visit the registration website at http://www.waace.org/wa-chinese-competition.html.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation again in 2017.