|When:||Back to Calendar September 15, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm||Where:||Spokane Eastern Washington University Center (SEWC)
Phase I Classroom Building
668 N Riverpoint Blvd #117,Spokane,WA 99202
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Cost:||Free for CLTA-WA members; $ 10 for Non-CLTA-WA members|
How to Create a Differentiated Instruction Classroom to Minimize Student Distraction
Date/Time: Saturday September 15, 9am -12pm
Location: Spokane Eastern Washington University Center (SEWC), Room 117
668 N Riverpoint Blvd, Spokane, WA 99202
Yea-Jae “Pollyanna” Wang is a certified elementary and secondary public-school teacher with a World Language endorsement in Mandarin and a principal and administrator endorsement. Ms. Wang is currently teaching Chinese at Chief Sealth International High School in Seattle, where she has mentored several Hanban guest teachers and Seattle Public School Startalk teacher candidates. Additionally, Ms. Wang serves as the lead Chinese teacher for her school district. She has extensive experience in developing thematic curricula for Seattle Public Schools.
Target Audience: In-service K-16 and pre-service Chinese language teachers
Target Language: Mandarin Chinese
Cost: Free for CLTA-WA members; $10 for non-CLTA-WA members. *Note: This 10-dollar workshop registration fee also includes the CLTA-WA membership. The membership is for September 15, 2018 to June 30, 2019. This offer only applies for the 2018 Spokane workshop.
Every student learns and processes information differently. As teachers, it is our job to help students succeed regardless of these differences and to acknowledge those differences and differentiate our instruction to engage students in the process of learning. In the workshop, participants will learn how to engage students by modifying content, differentiating the ways we teach, and being flexible on how to assess students.
- Define and explain what differentiated instruction is
- Identify essential differentiated principles to implement differentiated instruction in the classroom
- Learn how to implement differentiated strategies and hands-on examples in their classrooms
Participants who attend the entire workshop are eligible for 3 clock hours (partial clock hours cannot be awarded).
8:30am – 9am Sign in
9:00am – 11:45am Workshop
11:45am – 12pm Evaluation & Wrap up
To register: https://goo.gl/forms/CS9a0wjlz0rQbGxy1
*If clicking the link does not open registration page, please copy and paste to register.Registration deadline September 12, 2017
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Eastern Washington University, Spokane campus map https://spokane.wsu.edu/facilities/parking/campus-map/
- Please go to https://spokane.wsu.edu/facilities/parking/visitor-parking/for parking information
CLTA-WA extends our sincere appreciation to the co-sponsors of this event:
- Confucius Institute of the State of Washington
- Washington Association for Language Teaching (WAFLT)
- Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, EWU