|When:||Back to Calendar October 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 9:15 am||Where:||Phase I Classroom Building
668 N Riverpoint Blvd,Spokane,WA 99202
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
Topic: Integrated Performance Instruction and Assessment in Action
Time: 9 am -12pm Saturday, October 28
Location: Spokane Eastern Washington University Center (SEWC), Room 117
(668 N Riverpoint Blvd, Spokane, WA 99202)
Spokane Eastern Washington University Campus Map
Presenter: Chunman Gissing
Target audience: Language teaching professionals or inspiring ones who are interested in working on designing and executing IPA lessons.
This workshop will engage participants to explore elements of the three modes of communication, examine IPA designed lessons and design IPA lessons for use in the classroom. Workshop outcomes will include participants being able to:
1) demonstrate clear understanding of the three modes of communication;
2) identify and articulate elements of IPA design in a lesson plan and how the three modes are integrated;
3) begin to design a lesson following the IPA principles
Chunman Gissing, aka Hung Laoshi, has been working as a Chinese language educator since 1995. She has worked in various capacities including teacher, teacher trainer, program creator, program coordinator, administrator and IB examiner. Hung Laoshi has taught in a number of institutions, including the International School of Beijing, University of Puget Sound, University of Washington, University Preparatory Academy, and the IBO, as well as University of Hawaii’s Startalk Program. Her current focus is in facilitating the production of quality age-and-level appropriate Chinese readers to help build free voluntary reading habit and interest among learners for purpose of enhancing reading skills.
Mandarin Chinese or English or a combination of Chinese and English depending on participants interest and preference
Cost: Free for all participants
Language teaching professionals or inspiring ones who are interested in working on designing and executing IPA lessons.
Participants please bring:
A topic you are interested to design and execute an IPA lesson, and any authentic material you can find/you would like to use to support designing an IPA lesson
Participants who attend the entire workshop are eligible for 3 clock hours. Unfortunately, partial clock hours cannot be awarded.
Light refreshments will be provided.
8:30-9:00 Sign in
11:45-12pm Evaluation & Wrap up
To register: https://goo.gl/forms/KO2BdUnoarfliTMA3
(If clicking the link does not open registration page, please copy and paste to register. Registration deadline Oct-24-2017)
- $1 per hour (or less per hour for full-day purchases).
- Most Pay Stations accept Visa, MasterCard and dollar bills.
- The receipt for payment does not need to be displayed. Your license plate number is you permit.
- The ORANGE 1 lot at 600 N. Riverpoint Blvd. is the most convenient for visitors.
- A permit is only good for the color of lot in which it was purchased (Orange or Green)
VIDEO demonstrating the Pay Stations.
CLTA-WA extends our sincere appreciation to the co-sponsors of this event:
1. Confucius Institute of the State of Washington (CIWA) http://confucius.washington.edu/
2. Department of Modern Languages and Literatures, Eastern Washington University