Membership dues will help support our operations and allow us to continue to bring high caliber Chinese language educators to come and share their expertise and offer more services to area teachers.
CLTA-WA members enjoy the following benefits:
- Free admittance to most workshops (non-members are charged a fee to attend workshops and events)
- Reduced admission for special workshops and events that involve higher costs
- Receive clock hours for qualified workshops attended
- Complimentary workshop materials for most events
- Opportunity to apply for financial support to attend selected conferences, including the annual WAFLT Conference or to waive the membership fee CLTA-WA Professional Development Grant Application
- Right to nominate self or others to serve on CLTA-WA board during election season; right to vote for board members
- Employment opportunities emailed to our members only throughout the year
- Network with other professionals in the education field
- Receive updates about association activities and community events related to Chinese language education. Members are welcome to post relevant announcements
- Membership in associations enhances resumes and bolsters teacher evaluations
- Exclusive member discounts from our participating publishers
- Assistance with submitting industry articles for publication
Regular membership is valid for one year, membership cycle runs from July 1 of a given year to June 30 of the following year.
CLTA-WA offers two levels of membership:
- Regular membership $30 annual fee
- Life membership $300
We of course always welcome your generous donation above and beyond membership dues.