CLTA-WA held its 2014 Summer Workshop “Practical Skills to Flip Your Classroom” at Lakeside School on August 24, 2014. Our presenters were Cheyenne Matthewson from Lakeside School, Zhousu He from Mercer Island High School and Pollyanna Wang from Chielf Sealth International High School. They shared video tips, iPad apps and cooperative learning activities that can be used in a flipped classroom. Participants benefitted greatly from those 3 presentations that were different but fit a common theme. Please see below for some of the strengths that our participants thought.
• I appreciate the real life experience each teacher shared. The lectures were well prepared.
• Handy and applicable to classroom teaching. We can use all these materials right away in our own classroom.
• All of the wonderful introductions of applications and cooperative activities.
• Interesting topics. Experienced teachers.
• Practical; hands on; time efficient; quick application.
• The strongest feature of the workshop was I got some new software that can help out Chinese classes.
Thanks again for the generous support of the Chinese Language Teachers Association (CLTA), the University of Washington, and the Lakeside School. We also would like to express our sincere gratitude to all the participants. Looking forward to seeing you again in next workshop!