Our advisor, Nyan-Ping Bi, gave a wonderful workshop on Teaching Writing: Instructional Scaffolding and Lesson Planning at UW on September 17th, 2016.
The workshop first helped its participants examine what criteria should be considered when designing writing lessons. Secondly, it facilitated participants in developing a road map that monitors their planning and implementation when teaching writing.
Our participants spoke highly of this workshop and shared some of their feedback below:
* (Presenter) demonstrated how a writing lesson plan could be conducted and relevant to students’ life & levels
* Hands on activities & very detailed explanation
* Fast paced, specific and precise
* Ask the teacher to act as students and act out the task delivered by the presenter
* Practical & useful
* It is very clear for guiding teachers to know the instruction of writing
* Hands on activities and evaluating different paragraphs
* Practical teaching that we can apply in our classroom
* Student centered, collaboration
* The workshop itself is a great demonstration of effective teaching
* The instructor guided the attendees the ways to teach writing by exploring and actively learning the methods